[docs] [issue34590] "Logging HOWTO" should share an example of best practices for using logging in a library

Raymond Hettinger report at bugs.python.org
Fri Sep 7 04:13:22 EDT 2018

Raymond Hettinger <raymond.hettinger at gmail.com> added the comment:

> Then we could establish the "gold standard" for logging and write
> about it in the HOWTO.

There really isn't a gold standard.  There are many widely varied logging practices, each adapted to the needs of the application.  The module is complicated primarily because there are so many legitimate techniques and reasons for using those techniques.

> (The documentation says "No handlers could be found for logger"
> spam only happens pre-3.2, but some of my users at least think
> they see it in later Pythons.)

If you find an actual error in the docs, please make a specific report so that it can be confirmed and fixed.

assignee: docs at python -> vinay.sajip
nosy: +vinay.sajip
versions:  -Python 2.7, Python 3.4, Python 3.5, Python 3.6