[docs] [issue25296] Simple End-of-life guide covering all unsupported versions

Andreas Lutro report at bugs.python.org
Sat Sep 15 03:14:28 EDT 2018

Andreas Lutro <anlutro at gmail.com> added the comment:

I see this has been closed, but the page on the devguide is still really hard to find. On the python IRC channel I often see questions about this and I always have a hard time finding the page with the correct information.

If I google "python version support" or "python version end of life" or "python version lifecycle" I don't arrive at that page. For some of these searches I even end up on a separate devcycle[1] page which only contains old versions of python. Compare that to PHP, where the official "supported versions" page is the top result no matter what I search for.

Nevermind the fact that the lifecycle of python versions is relevant to non-developers as well, making it un-intuitive to go to the devguide to find this information.

I really think this needs to be made part of python.org's main website, with some good SEO.

[1] https://devguide.python.org/devcycle/

nosy: +Andreas Lutro