[docs] [issue29013] zipfile: inconsistent doc for ZIP64 file size

Monte Davidoff report at bugs.python.org
Fri Sep 21 05:22:26 EDT 2018

Monte Davidoff <md14-python at alluvialsw.com> added the comment:

I agree it may be better if we don't describe all the details of ZIP64. How about this rewording for the second change, so we don't have to give all the details?

(2) In the description of the zipfile.ZipFile class, change:

"If allowZip64 is True (the default) zipfile will create ZIP files that use the ZIP64 extensions when the zipfile is larger than 4 GiB."

to:

"If allowZip64 is True (the default) zipfile will create ZIP files that use the ZIP64 extensions when necessary, for example, when the zipfile is larger than 2 GiB."