[docs] [issue35155] Clarify Protocol Handlers in urllib.request Docs

Terry J. Reedy report at bugs.python.org
Tue Feb 12 21:33:50 EST 2019

Terry J. Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> added the comment:

unittest is another module with half-fixed and half-variable names.  The default (glob) pattern for test module names is given as "test*.py".  The fixed pattern for test methods is given as "starts with 'test'".  This could have been given, I believe, as re "test/w*", but it wasn't.  The former is clearer for more people.  So no guidance there.

I agree that we should follow the 2 precedents. Thank you both.