[docs] [issue35649] http.client doesn't close. Infinite loop

skorpeo report at bugs.python.org
Thu Jan 3 17:07:35 EST 2019

skorpeo <skorpeo11 at gmail.com> added the comment:

Ha, ok that would explain it.  Yes, I think it would indeed be helpful to
update the example, but then again I guess leaving it as is may be a good
way to find out if people are reading the docs.

On Thu, Jan 3, 2019 at 10:21 PM Martin Panter <report at bugs.python.org>
wrote:

> Martin Panter <vadmium+py at gmail.com> added the comment:
>
> This was changed in Python 3.2+ in Issue 16723. The response object no
> longer sets the “closed” attribute when it runs out of data; it is only set
> when the “close” method is called. Perhaps the example should be amended so
> that it checks if “read” returned an empty string, rather than checking
> “closed”.
>
> Another problem with the example is that printing the chunk as a bytes
> object can trigger BytesWarning. I would add a “repr” call to avoid that.

> assignee:  -> docs at python
> components: +Documentation
> nosy: +docs at python, martin.panter

> Python tracker <report at bugs.python.org>
> <https://bugs.python.org/issue35649>

title: http.client doesn't close.  Infinite loop -> http.client doesn't close. Infinite loop