[docs] [issue35616] Change references to '4.0'.

Marc-Andre Lemburg report at bugs.python.org
Sat Jan 5 16:30:53 EST 2019

Marc-Andre Lemburg <mal at egenix.com> added the comment:

Why not change the wording to read "... will be considered for removal in the next major Python release".

Note that removal of Py_UNICODE APIs will not only break compatibility with Python 2, but also with the early Python 3 releases.

And please also consider that we may see another change in the Unicode implementation... I've heard discussions about using UTF-8 as internal representation to address the issues with the current unified approach.

nosy: +lemburg