[docs] Regarding csv.Sniffer code example

Antoine Bolvy antoine.bolvy at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 10:19:54 EDT 2019

Hello,

A while ago, I posted this question on stackoverflow:
https://stackoverflow.com/q/35756682/2367848

Today, I'm still getting upvotes meaning people still encounter the same
problem, which I believe comes from a deficiency from the doc example, as
stated in my comment to the answer:

This seems like a major deficiency of the Python documentation
> <https://docs.python.org/3/library/csv.html#csv.Sniffer> which shows the
> problematic method of reading 1024 bytes: dialect =
> csv.Sniffer().sniff(csvfile.read(1024)). CSV files are always text files
> with multiple lines, so it seems that f.readline() is the right option.

I noticed today that the example is still problematic, and by wondering how
I could get it fixed (or better), I found this email address.

I hope everything is clear,

Sorry for the HTML email if people are annoyed,
Best regards,

Antoine BOLVY
Software engineer
https://saveman71.com