[docs] [issue37688] The results from os.path.isdir(...) an Path(...).is_dir() are not equivalent for empty path strings.

Brett Cannon report at bugs.python.org
Fri Jul 26 11:47:18 EDT 2019

Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> added the comment:

I think you're reading "equivalence" too strictly here to mean "exactly the same semantics". In this instance it means "for similar functionality, the equivalent method is ..." (admittedly this might be a quirk of the use of the word "equivalent" in North American English).

But I can see why you would interpret it the way you do. Please feel free to propose a PR to clarify the phrasing.

nosy: +brett.cannon
type: behavior -> enhancement