[docs] [issue37134] [EASY] Use PEP570 syntax in the documentation

Grant Jenks report at bugs.python.org
Tue Jun 4 01:12:00 EDT 2019

Grant Jenks <grant.jenks at gmail.com> added the comment:

FWIW, I would rather not see the docs littered with "/". I've taught Python to hundreds of professional software engineers over the last five years and in all that time nobody has ever asked when the args need to be positional. It's easy to experiment to find out and it's historically been an implementation detail. I think the number of times people are surprised is far less than the number of times people never notice at all. As Raymond described, this change will elevate the feature to a day-1 topic and it's pretty useless to a day-1 user. This is another step toward making what I see as an unfortunate implementation detail into formal semantics.

nosy: +grantjenks