[docs] [issue37353] Source code has not always been forward-compatible

Julien Palard report at bugs.python.org
Thu Jun 20 13:22:26 EDT 2019

New submission from Julien Palard <julien+python at palard.fr>:

In Doc/library/parser.rst I can read:

The parse trees are not typically compatible from one version to another, whereas source code has always been forward-compatible.

But I don't think this is right, I think of print for example.

Maybe just remove ", whereas source code has always been forward-compatible" or rewrite it so say source is just more stable than parse trees?

components: Documentation
keywords: easy
messages: 346142
nosy: docs at python, mdk
title: Source code has not always been forward-compatible