[docs] [issue28890] logging.handlers: Document that QueueListener is a daemon thread

Julien Castiaux report at bugs.python.org
Fri Jun 21 03:21:03 EDT 2019

Julien Castiaux <julien.castiaux at gmail.com> added the comment:

Hello,

The purpose of the QueueListener is to provide a way to get messages sent by QueueHandlers. I was starting the QueueListener in is own mp.Process and was expecting the start() to hang. As it was not, the process was exiting logging a few messages or not depending on the threads schedule. I had a difficult time debugging it and ended up looking at the source code as the start() method was not stating it was starting a daemon thread.

The documentation now states it, I close the bug.
Regards,

resolution:  -> out of date