[docs] [issue35435] Discourage external links to old docs.

Terry J. Reedy report at bugs.python.org
Thu Mar 7 18:06:43 EST 2019

Terry J. Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> added the comment:

James Lu today posted to python-ideas
'Make Python 2.7’s online docs optionally redirect to  Python 3 online docs'

Andra Roberge: There exists browser extensions that do this:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/py3direct/
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/py3redirect/codfjigcljdnlklcaopdciclmmdandig?hl=en

Steven D'Aprano pointed to this issue and gave some 3 first and 2 first examples.  I discovered that the only first page 3.x link for me for
https://www.startpage.com/do/search?q=python+docs+netrc
only points
to https://docs.python.org/3.1/library/netrc.html
with no clicky way to get to the current .../3/..., so we still need links added.

Julien, do we still need this issue open, or is this superceded by
https://github.com/python/python-docs-theme/issues/24 ?