[docs] [issue24653] Mock.assert_has_calls([]) is surprising for users

Robert Collins report at bugs.python.org
Wed May 22 05:54:07 EDT 2019

Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net> added the comment:

I'm reopening this because I don't agree.

I opened the bug because we have evidence that users find the current documentation confusing. Saying that its not confusing to us doesn't fix the confusion.

Why should we mention the special case of an empty set? Because its the only special case.

A simple single sentence: "Note:  to assert that no calls were made see `assert_not_called`" would probably both cover the special case and direct users to the right place for that use case.

resolution: wont fix ->
status: closed -> open