[docs] [issue37104] logging.Logger.disabled is not documented

Vinay Sajip report at bugs.python.org
Fri May 31 05:12:33 EDT 2019

Vinay Sajip <vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk> added the comment:

Thanks for looking at this, Mario, but I'd rather not document this attribute, for the reason stated on the PR when I closed it:

"I'd like to avoid documenting this attribute, as it's really meant for internal use by the configuration machinery. I realise that it's named disabled rather than _disabled, which might indicate that it's public, but it isn't meant to be, and the name can't be changed now for compatibility reasons, in case some code somewhere is relying on it! I don't want someone to ask for "disabled" to be explicitly supported in configurations, for instance - I can currently argue that it's not meant to be public, as it isn't documented."

nosy: +vinay.sajip
resolution:  -> not a bug
stage: patch review -> resolved
status: open -> closed