[docs] [issue38040] Typo: "Writeable" Should be "Writable" in IO Library Documentation

Sean Happenny report at bugs.python.org
Thu Sep 5 15:01:58 EDT 2019

Sean Happenny <sean at xnor.ai> added the comment:

It is a minor issue and I understand that there are many, much more
important fixes and features the whole Python dev team is working on.

But reading the documentation for these classes indicates that these
classes may have a "writeable" member. If, as an example, the user then
needs to examine the implementation of these classes and searches for
"writeable" in the CPython, they'll find instances in comments, but not in
the code. This may cause them to miss the real spelling of the method
"writable()".

Also, another justification is that the documentation should be correct and
currently it is not. This fix should be a very simple find-and-replace, but
does touch multiple files (probably more than those I referenced) and I
understand how that is.