[docs] [issue38192] Fix invocation of EchoClientProtocol

Hrvoje Nikšić report at bugs.python.org
Mon Sep 16 16:34:18 EDT 2019

New submission from Hrvoje Nikšić <hniksic at gmail.com>:

This is a followup on issue38178. While testing the new code, I noticed that my change introduced a bug, where the code still attempts to pass "loop" when constructing an EchoClientProtocol. A pull request is attached.

Also, I've noticed that the MyProtocol example under "Connecting Existing Sockets" is still passing an explicit loop, so I created a commit that converts it to the on_con_lost idiom, and included it in the above pull request.

components: Documentation, asyncio
messages: 352584
nosy: asvetlov, docs at python, hniksic, yselivanov
title: Fix invocation of EchoClientProtocol
versions: Python 3.7, Python 3.8, Python 3.9