[Python Edinburgh] web based IRC

Dougal Matthews dougal85 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 10:41:54 CEST 2011

 Hey Ed,

I just tried that website and it doesn't work for me either. So its not your company.

However, on the downside, it seems it requires something special on the server as it wants to connect on port 843. This appears to be the port flash uses for http requests however IRC is normally running on 6667 I think.

Have you tried irccloud? It's pretty small so I would be surprised if your company knows about it and was created by some ex-Last.fm people I believe. https://irccloud.com/

(I just sent you an invite to the beta.)

Dougal