[Python Edinburgh] full time django startup job

rhapsodhy me at rhapsodhy.hu
Tue Feb 12 01:35:15 CET 2013

tl;dr: full time, Edinburgh-based, funded startup that deals with
social booking. code in django. contact eddie at makeitsocial.com with cv
and github account if you have such a thing.

Make It Social are recruiting for a talented Python developer to join
our growing, passionate and innovative central Edinburgh based team
immediately. We have a brand new social software that is taking the
world by storm. Our mission is to 'Make the World a Truly Social
Place' and this is an exciting opportunity to be part of a brand new
company with rapid worldwide growth plans. As well as maintenance and
improvements to existing software, you will be involved with
architecture, mapping and building of innovative enhancements will be
required in this full time, Edinburgh-based role.

Project Description

Make It Social was launched in November 2012 and, since then, has
received a great amount of interest both in the UK and internationally
from some world leading brands. We expect our technology to gain
further traction extremely quickly and are offering an exciting
opportunity for a talented individual to join our team at this early
stage.

Role Description

Make It Social, in its current form, consists of a widget that is
plugged into a range of websites in order to allow their customers to
make a booking, as a group, hassle free. Currently in Beta testing,
the successful applicant will be required to set up the software for
all new clients (which includes tying into payment gateways and any
API/data feeds they may have) and provide technical support if
required.

As well as this, the applicant will be involved with and, in some
cases, responsible for:
• Additional features for existent technology
• Development of unique, innovative additional tools
• Development of makeitsocial.com
• Development of SaaS model.

As the company grows there is the opportunity to take advantage of any
further training opportunities as well as to even be part of or manage
a wider development team.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a brand new company with
extremely high worldwide growth potential.

Skills / Experience
The successful applicant MUST have:
• Advanced Python Skills
• An enthusiastic and Innovative nature
• Passion about technology
• Collaboration skills

What could set you out from the crowd?:
• Experience with the Django platform
• Outside the box thinking
• Ability to successfuly work as part of a team
• A drive to suceed
• Experience of being part of a start up
• Experience in social media platforms
• SEO Experience
• Experience of SaaS models

To apply please send your CV and a cover letter to
eddie at makeitsocial.com.