[Python Edinburgh] Training and IDE

Jason KEDDIE jason.keddie at st.com
Wed Sep 4 10:54:33 CEST 2013

Hi Glenn

Yes, I prefer code completion myself, particularly for languages like C++ and Java but oddly have never really needed it for Python.
Notepad++ supports code completion, but as I say, have never used it myself:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/893761/how-can-i-enable-auto-complete-support-in-notepad

Regarding training:
I have had to fast track languages in the past myself and have always done this using online resources.
For example I wanted to learn Flash Actionscript a couple of years ago and I found the Adobe training videos very good as I was able to take it at my own pace, skipping some sections, or replaying other ones. This is the advantage I think of learning online.

Everyone is different in this respect and some people feel more comfortable with class room learning.
In this case I think Mark Smith offers a nicely paced introductory course on Python.

Regards

Jason