[Python Edinburgh] Created a meetup.com group (mirroring the site)

Mark Smith mark.smith at practicalpoetry.co.uk
Mon Aug 25 14:55:53 CEST 2014

Hi Toms,

Thanks for your enthusiasm! Let's try running the meetup page for a couple
of months and see if it makes a difference.

To clarify, the lack of a meetup page wasn't an accident - it was a
conscious decision, and with the mailing list, a website and a Google+
group (and a derelict Facebook page) we're one of the more successful
groups in Edinburgh, with regular turnouts of ~30 people.

If you're keen to get involved with helping run the group, I've been
looking for someone to organise regular talks on different Python topics -
I'll talk to you about it tomorrow if you're interested in taking this on.

--Mark