[Python Edinburgh] Python Workshop/Support group Edinburgh

Bald, Glenn Glenn.Bald at forestry.gsi.gov.uk
Tue Dec 2 11:00:31 CET 2014

Great so it looks like everyone is in general agreement. Shall we put a
plan together and go for a start in early January?

I think we are all in agree that this event HAS to be suitable for
complete beginers and for people who only do a little programming.

We all seem to like the idea of bring-a project model? But we can see
some potential issues if projects are overlly complex? I would like to
suggest we create a list of projects then we try and put them in order
of complexity? So we start of with more managable ones. Then perhaps
move onto more complex ones depending on how people felt. We can also
try to break anything complex down into simplier exersises? So we would
be doing a sort of 'bring-a-project' but you have to add you project to
the list?

Could the people who have kindly volunteered venues suggest a couple of
dates that would be best for them? Looks likes we should avoid the 2nd
Saturday in the Month and whenever the pub meet is.  Shall we try and
arrange 2 dates per month?

I am just keeping the ball rolling feel free to push or change
direction.

Cheers
Glenn