[Python Edinburgh] Python for Data Analysis?

Rob Schneider rmschne at rmschneider.com
Mon Dec 22 09:07:53 CET 2014

Have this book (electronic version) and used it a lot. It's really about Pandas (http://pandas.pydata.org) which is to me very interesting.

There are lots of web articles you can find of R vs. Pandas vs. Python and all that.

For me, bottom line, is that I can plug in Pandas to the large Python app I work with and use Pandas/Matplotlib to do a small bit of number crunching with it ... rather than struggle to learn and integrate R.  As I see what Pandas can do I'll only use more of it as time moves on.

--rms