[Python Edinburgh] Talks!

Becky Smith rebkwok at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 12:23:03 CEST 2014

PyLadies is a global organisation with chapters in many locations around
the world (http://www.pyladies.com/locations/).  Yes, there is a need for a
culture change, and PyLadies (and other groups aimed at supporting women in
programming) are part of the work towards that change.  The aim is not to
divide female/male groups, but to give women a group that they feel
comfortable joining, and to provide a bridge into the wider python
community.  Then we may get a better balance at Python Edinburgh as well.