[Python Edinburgh] Talks!

Bald, Glenn Glenn.Bald at forestry.gsi.gov.uk
Wed Sep 3 13:14:44 CEST 2014

 Hi Becky, Everyone

I also agree with what Ian said when I turned up to the pub it felt like
gate crashing a someone elses party despite most people going out of
there way to be welcoming. Don't get me wrong I think the pub meetups
are a good idea, but there is also a market for an event that is perhaps
more formal and welcomes newcomers and women on an equal footing?

I think Ian asks an interesting question. So I sort of repeat in my own
words. Are you on this mailing list and would like to go to the meetup
but not that comfortable trying to make conversation with a large group
you don't know(yet), especially if you think they have more experience?
Have you been just once?

I was not intending to be critical of pyLadies. It's good that that you
organised such a group. It's the need to have the group in the 1st place
that is what I find alien. At the one meetup I went to it was impossible
not to notice it was a very male dominated group. I had never seen this
before.  I was not going to the pub to meet woman I just found there
absense noticable.

Cheers
Glenn