[Python Edinburgh] August Talks - This Tuesday!

Mark Smith judy at judy.co.uk
Fri Aug 21 17:14:12 CEST 2015

Hi All,

We have two talks for you next Tuesday (details below). Get your free
ticket at http://www.eventbrite.com/e/python-edinburgh-august-talks-tickets-18261117494?aff=ml1

What you can (and what you can't) do with NLTK
by Mhairi McNeill

I'm going to very quickly cover the main features of Python's natural
language toolkit (NLTK) and discuss some projects you could do using
this very interesting library. I'm also going to explain some of the
things you won't be able to do. Natural language understanding is a
very difficult problem that we can still only do in limited domains,
no matter which Python library you use.

Write Awesome Command-Line Applications in Python
by Mark Smith

(An updated version of my talk from EuroPython 2014)

Command-Line programs can have a lot to them - usually more than you
think, yet often suffer from a lack of thought.

This is a tour through how to tools in the standard library and
beyond, taking in various different aspects of command-line programs
and how you can tackle them with Python. Take your command-line
programs to the next level!