[Python Edinburgh] media co-op is looking for a UX/Participatory Designer for a paid Internship

Simon Yuill simon at mediaco-op.net
Wed Feb 11 14:07:18 CET 2015

Hi,

I would be grateful if you could circulate this to your group and ask if they can forward it on to anyone they think might be interested. A PDF is attached and a plain text version below.

The intern would be working as part of a team doing Python-based web development (Django), although Python skills are not essential to the post.

We imagine it would primarily be of interest to recent graduates or people looking to enter the digital media field.

yours sincerely,
Simon Yuill
media co-op

*** START ***

media co-op is offering a PAID internship for a UX / Participatory Designer

media co-op is a multi award winning digital agency established in 2004. We work with charities and the third sector to produce films, animations, websites and digital media that strive to make a positive difference.

We believe that digital has huge potential to do good in the world. We want to make it easier and more affordable for the third sector and charities to use digital in their work … and we need someone to help us do that better.

If you think this is the role for you … you’ll understand UX, the digital production processes, you can communicate, and you’ll have a genuine interest in the 3rd sector. Even better if you also have some coding knowledge.

To apply for an internship:

To be eligible to apply you need to be unemployed, between 18 – 30 years old and hold a relevant qualification (HND or above). You need to apply for this post via your Jobcentre Plus Advisor who can check your eligibility and give you an Eligibility Referral form. You don't have to have been claiming Job Seekers' Allowance for any length of time or even at all but you do have to make an appointment with an Advisor. The internship is organised through SCVO’s Digital Internships programme. The reference number is: BDG/5142. Closing date for applications is: 9 March 2015.

For full details visit our website:

http://mediaco-op.net/digital-user-participatory-design