[Python Edinburgh] Developers wanted

Luke Drummond luke at ajenta.net
Fri Oct 2 15:23:29 CEST 2015

Hello all

Apologies for any cross-posting.

My company are currently hiring. Please see the job description below,
and If you're interested, mail jobs at ajenta.net with your details, and
any questions you have about us or the post. We're looking for people
to start ASAP, so please don't hesitate if you're interested.

All the Best

Luke

--------------------------

## Company

[Ajenta](https://ajenta.net) are working with clients all over the
world to create innovative communication tools that are changing the
way people collaborate. With a growing client base from healthcare and
education to large enterprise, Ajenta are at the forefront of the
future of communication technology.

We are are seeking talented developers to help build innovative video
conferencing solutions, and change the way real-time communication is
used. This is a truly exciting opportunity to join a young, dynamic
and highly skilled company during a period of growth.

As a developer at Ajenta, you'll have the opportunity to work on the
cutting-edge video conferencing problems including ground-breaking
work on multi-point WebRTC applications, solving the interoperability
problem and providing real-time performance and usage metrics on our
services for our clients, large and small.

We use multiple languages and technologies and want smart, curious
developers who are willing to try new things to get the job done. We
heavily benefit from open-source, Linux, and the Python ecosystem but
are always willing to try new things when it benefits us and our
clients. That means you might be using Django with Python for one
project but decide that Lua and nginx-openresty is better for
something else.

We are a people focused company and are looking for people who want to
benefit from working closely together as a team where you will be
supported and your opinions and ideas valued.

## Some things we look for in a new hire:

- Polyglots: We currently use (mostly) Python, with some Lua, C++,
JavaScript, and shell, and the usual assortment of build tools and
deployment tools; we frequently help our clients who use any number of
other languages, so the ability to pick up new technology with ease is
a must.
- We want clear and thorough documentation and look for people who
would rather point a colleague to the internal wiki than waste time
delivering the history lecture.
- We want opinionated developers: if you see that something can be
done in a more efficient or elegant way that challenges the prevailing
solution we want you to speak up.
- We want developers interested in privacy, authenticity and writing
high-quality code.
- We want expert problem solvers. Your first point of call when
encountering someone else's buggy application is Wireshark, ipython,
and the relevant RFC.

## Education
A Computer Science degree is not *required* as all smart programmers
from any background will be considered.

We favour applicants with a strong portfolio and history of
open-source contributions, so make sure you include a link to your
Blog/GitHub/Bitbucket profile if possible.

## Benefits

- Permanent contract.
- Flexible working (we build videoconferencing software, after all!).
- Opportunity to shape the future of our products and our markets.
- Great salary and benefits.
- Very modern working environment – headquartered in Edinburgh, but
operating globally.
- Work for a responsible business – We operate as a 100% paperless
business and are working towards carbon-zero status. Where possible we
practice what we preach and seek to improve the work life balance by
reducing the need to travel through technology.

## How to Apply
Send your CV to jobs at ajenta.net and be sure to send along links to any
publicly available contributions, be it source, documentaion, or
commentary.