[Python Edinburgh] Fwd: [EuroPython] EuroPython 2018: Location and Dates

Dougal Matthews dougal at dougalmatthews.com
Wed Nov 15 15:47:40 EST 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: M.-A. Lemburg <mal at europython.eu>
Date: 15 November 2017 at 15:51
Subject: [EuroPython] EuroPython 2018: Location and Dates
To: "EuroPython at python.org" <EuroPython at python.org>

After a two month RFP bidding process with 19 venues from all over
Europe, we are pleased to announce our selection of the location and
venue for EuroPython 2018:

* Location:
  Edinburgh, UK

* Venue:
  Edinburgh International Conference Center (EICC)
  http://www.eicc.co.uk/

* Dates:
  July 23 - 29 2018

... yes, this is just one week before the famous Edinburgh Festival
Fringe, so you can extend your stay a little longer if you like:

    https://www.edfringe.com/

Based on the feedback we collected in the last few years, we have
switched to a more compact conference layout for 2018:

* Monday, Tuesday:
  Workshops and Trainings

* Wednesday, Thursday, Friday:
  Main conference with talks, keynotes, exhibition

* Saturday, Sunday:
  Sprints

More information will be available as we progress with the
organization.

PS: We are now entering contract negotiations, so the above dates are
highly likely, but we cannot confirm 100% yet.

Enjoy,
--
EuroPython Society
http://www.europython-society.org/

PS: Please forward or retweet to help us reach all interested parties:
https://twitter.com/europythons/status/930823621202898945
Thanks.