[Edu-sig] CP4E VideoPython learning to teatch / teaching to learn ..[xpost: was {'cpl',"don't laugh"}] = LLPP

Jason Cunliffe jasonic@nomadicsltd.com
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 18:32:37 -0400

Hi Kirby

Thanks for excellent points...

Actually you are one of the people I would want to interview + I love your
Mathematics packing Python-POV page.
http://www.inetarena.com/~pdx4d/ocn/numeracy0.html

It is precisely to have a bio-diversity of 'experts' saying things like:

> Because when do you really "know" Python or Java?
> When you've mastered every module or package that comes
> with it.  I've yet to meet a programmer who has.  And
> yet the newbie might get the impression this is the goal,
> and immediately get lost.
>
> Sometimes a good teacher is just someone who knows how
> to parse a large domain into doable, masterable steps..

That is the problem with all the massive programming books and the full
features of advanced software..
Experts know how to navigate pragmatically among the tools and techniques at
their disposal and how to learn about new ones..

I guess the cliché subtitle could be 'Learning to Learn Programming with
Python' !

LLPP-ly yours
- Jason
Jason CUNLIFFE = NOMADICS.(Interactive Art and Technology).Design Director