[Edu-sig] Programming for the fun of it

Dethe Elza delza@antarcti.ca
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 16:09:01 -0800

I like this.  David Gelertner writes about advances in computer science
happening as a pursuit of beauty, and the whole pattern movement came
about from a theory of architecture which strives for the "Quality
without a Name," i.e., what distinguishes [code|buildings] that are
*alive* from those which are not.

Wonderful!

--Dethe

<snip />