[Edu-sig] Lightflow

Arthur Siegel ajs@ix.netcom.com
Sun, 24 Dec 2000 10:51:50 -0500

Jason -

Just to let you know the Lightflow cite was a beauty for me.

As referenced by me on edu-sig in the past:

    Povray was something I fell in love with early on, and more than any
other single app was what inspired me to pursue a look behind the Wizard's
curtain.

    I have always hoped to add the feature of high quality output to PyGeo.
Imagining  in my Quixotic way (I have recently grown a goatee which might
someday be worthy of Don himself)  PyGeo in the hands of students, I had
always wanted to give them a good quality hard copy of a construction they
may have created (once they have manipulated it interactively into a pose
that might prefer).

    The output to Povray scripts ala Kirby was always a possibility, but
more than I was willing to pursue.  The programming seemed to need to be
string processing intensive - something I simply do not enjoy.

    And I'm in this for the fun - CP4F.

    Lightflow opens up new, more straightforward possibilities.  I'll let
you know if I get anywhere interesting with it.

ART