[Edu-sig] Getting it going

Gerrit Holl gerrit@nl.linux.org
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 14:43:33 +0100

Dirk-Ulrich Heise wrote on 949653239:
> Hi!
> Like Steve Morris, i have a kid and that's why i'm here.

I am a kid and that's why I'm here :)

> So, i go conform to the "sound&vision" ideas like "control
> a 3D world" or "make noise". 2D animations could also be
> interesting, the maths behind it is much easier
> to grasp. So much for now.

In my class, everyone is very excited about 3DRAD <www.3drad.com>
(I think). I think it's very important to develop a library with
logo-like turtles, but 3D instead of 2D. You create an object,
and you can say obj.up(10), obj.down, .left, .right, .forward or
.backward, and .scream() :). You can change the image file used
for it with .image.  etc. Something like that is important.

VHLL-rules-for-kids-like-me-ly y'rs - gerrit