[Edu-sig] Age groups

Dirk-Ulrich Heise hei@adtranzsig.de
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 16:00:34 +0100

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Gerrit Holl <gerrit.holl@pobox.com>
[...]
>>   3) Elementary Education (8-10 year old)
>
>You can start here. The concept of variables, lists and functions can
>be explained. Dictionairies too, I think. Classes will probably be only
>for the very smart ones.

Don't you think classes are as easy as variables?
Start right with objects, before they even know there were
non-OO-approaches in the past. (now, i read several
posting from functional programming guys stating Haskell
etc.would provide all kinds of OO, so i think they won't
backstab me, although i have no notion of what OO means
in a functional programming context. I also read that
Python is a version of Scheme with a funny syntax. So i think
they don't really hate OO.)

Dirk