[Edu-sig] Stop the insanity -- no more case sensitivity discussion!

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Sat, 05 Feb 2000 21:58:35 -0500

The discussion on case sensitivity has already driven at least one
educator away from this forum.  I'm very sorry that that has happened.

I propose that we impose a voluntary ban on further discussion of that
topic in the edu-sig; feel free to take the discussion elsewhere
(c.l.py for example; it will look good in the stats :-).

I will not respond to any posts on this topic in the edu-sig, nor in
private email -- I simply don't have the capacity to argue this point
any more.  Python 1.x will remain case sensitive anyway.

(I am also going away for a week.)