[Edu-sig] Future of CP4E after CNRI?

Dustin James Mitchell djmitche@cs.uchicago.edu
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 09:22:59 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 11 Jul 2000, Dinu C. Gherman wrote:

> Maybe there are good reasons to believe that CP4E will have a bright
> future, now more than ever, and I'm just unable to see them? Maybe
> there are good reasons to believe that Be- Open as a rather unknown
> new player has a real interest and concrete advantage in promoting
> Python and CP4E that are simply not obvious to everybody?

Although tempting, it's wrong to assume that any person or entity which
makes money is against everything good and wholesome in the world.  In
fact, it behooves every technology company with plans to be doing business
20 years from now to maximize the computers skills of today's school-aged
children.

Further, Be has shown itself to be fairly progressive in its approaches to
software, suggesting that they will not try to close-source Python.

Let's not jump to any conclusions.

Dustin

|                         Dustin Mitchell                )O(        |