[Edu-sig] Future of CP4E after CNRI?

Guido van Rossum guido@beopen.com
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 07:46:41 -0500

> All I'm saying is that in the past these reasons were less
> important, at least to Guido. So, there is an emphasis shift
> which is not being quite well addressed, I believe, leave
> alone communicated to this particular target group.

It still isn't important to me -- which is why I did't object much
when BeOpen's marketing told me to change it to 2.0.

It's an illusion that in the past I've been less willing to give in to
demands by my employer -- it's just that my previous employer had
different things they wanted me to do.  (Most of them having to do
with licensing. :-( )

Maybe I should go back to CWI in Amsterdam -- they *really* didn't
care about what I did. :-)

--Guido van Rossum (home page: http://dinsdale.python.org/~guido/)