[Edu-sig] Queens, NY - PYTHON Programming for Kids

Jason Straw jstraw@yorktown.arlington.k12.va.us
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 17:31:10 -0400

"Thomas A. Williams" wrote:
<snip/>
> I'm looking at the prospect of starting a programming
> class for youth at the YMCA on Pasons Blvd. in
> Jamaica, Queens.  I will definitely be building the class
> around PYTHON.  Does anyone have any suggestions
> or directions on setting the class up, lesson plans,
> teaching strategies for youth, etc.
<snip/>

I am a student at Yorktown High School in Arlington, VA; we exclusively
use Python in our 1st year computer science class.  There is a python
textbook being created online by Jeffrey Elkner who teaches the class at
Yorktown.

Take a look at http://yhslug.tux.org/obp/thinkCS/thinkCSpy/index.htm

--
Jason Straw