[Edu-sig] New game in town

Arthur Siegel siegel@eico.com
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 18:17:41 -0500

>During my time at Waikato University I developed POVTalk (Using Python and
PyOpenGL). POVTalk is a Natural Language driven >>3D scene generator.
Basically you type commands like "create a large pink ball called bob",
"make bob bigger" and "make bob >blue", and a 3D scene is generated. A few
demo scripts are included.

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~synopsis/computing/ to donwload it.

>You may notice that the OpenGL window doesn't re-display when windows are
dragged over it. This is because the program is >waiting for input on the
command line. I want to put it into a better gui, with a better cli but
don't know where to start.

>I welcome any comments or suggests.

>Stacey Verner

Stacey posted the above today on the PyOpenGL list. Played a bit with it.
Great fun.
With Stacey's permission I pass it along here.