[Edu-sig] testing colorized code sharing

Kirby Urner pdx4d@teleport.com
Tue, 02 May 2000 22:32:20 -0700

At 12:25 AM 05/03/2000 -0400, Tim Peters wrote:
>[Guido, replying to Kirby]
>> There's some code around that can help with the colorization.
>> my brother wrote a module PyFontify that I found was recently used
>> in a PDF generator.  It doesn't generate HTML but that's the easy part --
>> recognizing Python syntax is the hard part.
>
>And Marc-Andre Lemburg did the easy part <wink>.  Look for py2html.py at
>
>    http://starship.python.net/crew/lemburg/
>
>It builds on Just van Rossum's PyFontify.py.

<snip>

Actually I guess it _depends on_ what Just did -- have to download
PyFontify.py separately, but the provided URL doesn't work, which
probably explains why the CGI script doesn't either (?).

Anyway, this looks like _exactly_ what I'm looking for.  Once
I locate Just's PyFontify (I've already downloaded py2html.py),
I should be able to avoid hand-coloring my HTML-published
Python from now on.  Yippee!

My hearty thanks to the Python gurus among us (Guido, Tim, and
Just).

Kirby