[Edu-sig] Things to come

Arthur Siegel siegel@eico.com
Fri, 12 May 2000 15:56:20 -0400

>Curricula, on the other hand are still sorely lacking, and Python will
>not be adapted widely in schools without it.

That is all and exactly what I was trying to say.

>One of the things most attractive to me is the opportunity to be part of a
>development effort that has the possibility of being collaborative in
>nature and focused on the legitament needs of learners rather than profit
driven and
>characterized by salesmanship and hype.

Amen.

>If anyone has any time on their hands and wants to help out, it would be a
>big help to me if we could get the livewires course materials put into some
web
>ready format.

I'll looked at it to assess if I can be of help - or put my son on it - if
you
promise to open PyGeo. You don't have to like it. You don't have to
contribute to it.
I want to know you opened it. Tell me you already have - and that works too.

Fair enough?