[Edu-sig] Not well supported on the Mac?

Kirby Urner urner@alumni.Princeton.EDU
Sun, 28 May 2000 09:14:26 -0700

In a thread starting at:
http://forum.swarthmore.edu/epigone/geometry-research/pefrorsken

Clifford J. Nelson advises me to forsake a Python-based
approach for another language called Clean, because
"Python is not supported well for the Mac."

I thought I'd run that by comp.lang.python, as well as
the Python edu-sig.  Given the importance of Mac technology
in the schools, limitations re Python on that platform
are of some relevance to the "Computer Programming for
Everyone" (CP4E) thread.

Please reply cc: pdx4d@teleport.com -- no need to post a
reply to the thread mentioned above, as that's a pure
geometry research list and doesn't need to get bogged
down in technical discussions re Mac OS, Tkinter, IDLE
or whatever (I've already posted enough along those
lines, will maybe summarize feedback I get re Mac).

Kirby