[Edu-sig] Now I went and did it!

Dustin Mitchell dustin@cs.uchicago.edu
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 17:40:08 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 4 Oct 2000, Steve Litt wrote:

> So now I need to put on a dog and pony show. It must be so interesting
> to kids that they don't get bored or fidgit. I think that calls for
> some sort of action game. And it must clearly demonstrate that it
> fills an educational need to the parents.

Concentrate more on the latter than on the former.  Kids will wiggle and
squirm and act bored no matter what: you're an adult, and thus (by
definition) boring.  Do your best to make engage them, but don't let that
overshadow your real mission.

> It seems to me that Python + Idle + some of the ideas I've seen
> expressed on this list would do the trick. Whaddya all think? Kirby --
> any ideas?

Sounds like a good idea.  However, be sure to keep it simple -- part of
Python's beauty (and the beauty of most Open Source apps) is its
simplicity.

Dustin

|                         Dustin Mitchell                )O(        |