[Edu-sig] Python Comp Sci course.

Timothy Wilson wilson@visi.com
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 20:37:17 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, Robert Rickenbrode II wrote:

> Thoughts, suggestions, comments, references?

Hi Robert,

I've just put together my latest version of the "Python Resources" CD that I
plan to hand out to my students next week. It contains a mirror of
python.org, Alan Gauld's tutorial, and the Python software for Linux, Mac,
and Windows. I've also included some other Python apps like PySol, VPython,
Pygame, and Zope. It also has a mirror of the "How To Think Like a Computer
Scientist" Web pages. I plan to use this as my "textbook" for the year.

Please feel free to download an iso of the CD. It's a 230 MB download and
can be had via ftp from lists.isd197.org. Look for 'pyresources.iso' in the
mail ftp directory.

Good luck with your course. I'm getting excited to begin teaching
mine. (I'm also a first-time C.S./Python teacher.)

I'm also interested in developing a database of lesson plans, project ideas,
etc. I be happy to discuss any ideas for how to make it happen.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      |   Visit Sibley online:   | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS |  http://www.isd197.org   | http://www.zope.com