[Edu-sig] New release of LiveWires Python Course

Paul Wright python@livewires.org.uk
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 13:35:44 +0000 (GMT)

The LiveWires Python course is intended to teach Python programming to
people who have never programmed before. It is used on the LiveWires
summer camp to teach 12 to 15 year old children to program.

The course consists of a set of PDF worksheets and a Python package. The
worksheets and the code are both under BSD-like licences.

We've recently produced another release of the course. The major change is
a move from Tkinter to Pete Shinners's Pygame package for the games
worksheets. This enables us to take advantage of Pygame's fast,
cross-platform graphics and sound capabilities. We hope this will make the
games worksheets more exciting.

You can download the course materials at
http://www.livewires.org.uk/python/

Comments or questions relating to the course should be sent to
python@livewires.org.uk, which currently points to Paul Wright.