[Edu-sig] Questions, comments, and other

WHITSTON@ltu.edu WHITSTON@ltu.edu
Fri, 07 Dec 2001 11:30:19 -0500 (EST)

To all:

Question 1:
Does Python support relative files directly (the manuals and books I've
looked don't address that type of file structure, but that doesn't
necessarily mean it can't)?

Question 2:
One of my students is looking for "curses.py" -- does anyone know where I
might find this module (given its name and the fact there is a "curses.h"
in C, could I safety assume it is "dead" or at least not in common use any
more...)?

Comments 1:
Python in Schools -- my poster for "Using Python as an Introduction to
Programming for Engineering Students" has been accepted for SIGCSE 2002.

Comments 2:
One of my Senior Project groups is doing their presentation using VPython
for "Data Structures and Sorting Algorithms by Visual Means" on Thursday,
December 13th at 4:30pm at Lawrence Tech. Univ. (if you are in the Detroit
area, you are welcome to attend -- e-mail me for directions and room
location)

Howard Whitston
Lawrence Tech. Univ.
whitston@ltu.edu