[Edu-sig] re: Questions, comments, and other

arthur.siegel@rsmi.com arthur.siegel@rsmi.com
Fri, 7 Dec 2001 12:30:46 -0500

Howard writes -

>Comments 1:
>Python in Schools -- my poster for "Using Python as an Introduction to
>Programming for Engineering Students" has been accepted for SIGCSE 2002.

Could you elaborate a bit.  Is there a public document?  I am particularly
interested becasue I recently gave a presentation at an engineering
university in NY - the math department.  That presentation could end up
leading to some collaborative work between the CS and math departments
there.

Python can be a glue language in a new sense in these kinds of environments.

Its potential to facilitate interdiscliplinary and interdepartment
collaboration is enormously exciting - and quite real, IMO.

Art