[Edu-sig] number-line graphics for teaching arithmetic

Jeffrey Elkner jeff@elkner.net
04 Jan 2001 16:59:48 -0500

Hi Fred!

James Kaylin, Donald Oellerich, and Ryan Stephans (three Yorktown
students
who are also on this list) are working on creating just the kind of
thing your
talking about.  They are currently investigating the new livewires
modules, which
you can get at:

http://www.livewires.org.uk/python

They have already written a program which displays a simple xy plane and
randomly plots a point.  They then prompt the user for the coordinates
of the
point, and display the point entered by the user.  We will have more to
say
after we have had more time to experiment, but it would be great if you
would
join us in our efforts.

jeff elkner
yorktown high school