[Edu-sig] collection of ACM programming problems

Furman Smith furman@sciences.aum.edu
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 21:25:33 -0600 (CST)

Jeffrey Elkner wrote that he wanted a perfect
case study to add to his free content textbook
"How to think like a computer scientist"
( http://www.ibiblio.org/obp/thinkCSpy/ ) --
something instructive, easy to understand, fun,
and illustrating the programming ideas introduced
earlier in the book.  "Perfect" is a strong word
but please allow me to mention that I've enjoyed
reading some of the archived problems from the ACM
International Collegiate Programming Contests;
links to the various volumes of problems can be
found at http://acm.fi.uva.es/problemset/ .