[Edu-sig] Proposing / defending Python in a curriculum

Luby Liao liao@holycow.acusd.edu
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 17:17:49 -0800 (PST)

I had an enormously successful experience of using Python as the
primary language and Java as a complementary langauge in CS1 at the
University of San Diego.  This experience was presented at 1999 ORA
Open Source Convention at Monterey.  The conference paper can be found
at  http://www.acusd.edu/~liao/python.pdf

I believe this 'radical' switch helped to de-mystify the myth that
programming is hard.  cheers, Luby

---
Luby Liao, Department of Math/CS, University of San Diego, San Diego, CA 92110
(619)260-4021(O), (619)452-7644(H), (619)260-4293(fax)

   'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
   All mimsy were the borogroves    And the mome raths outgrabe   -- L.C.