[Edu-sig] PyGLUT + Jan Walter's new Blsnder Python API documentation

Jason Cunliffe jasonic@nomadicsltd.com
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 03:44:15 -0500

oops.. I forgot to include these in my previous Blender post

PyGlut
PyGlut makes GLUT available from the Python interpreter. It exposes
everything from GLUT 3.7 including the API version 4 stuff related to games
(fullscreen modes for example). Most importantly, it allows Python functions
to be registered as callbacks.
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~acox/PyGlut/index.html

Some discussion about PyGLUT and on Blender site
http://www.blender.nl/discussion/read.php?f=4&i=5375&t=5318

Jan Walter's Blender Pages
This web page is intended to share experience with others about using
Blender as an animation tool and for making games. In July 2000 I joined the
Not a Number team and I moved to London (UK) in October 2000.
http://www.janw.gothere.uk.com/

Documentation
At Not a Number (NaN) I'm responsible for the Python API of Blender which
can be used for writting plug-ins or export/import filters. The latest news
and discussions about Python & Plugins can be found at NaN's discussion
server.
http://www.janw.gothere.uk.com/documentation.html

Developer Documentation for the Python API (PDF version) [4-Jan-2001]
Python API for using Blender as a modeling and animation tool (PDF version)
[4-Jan-2001]
Python API for the game engine (PDF version) [4-Jan-2001]

Modeling and Animation
http://www.janw.gothere.uk.com/PythonAPI/node2.html
Subsections
Importing the Blender Module
Printing the Documentation Strings
Writing an Export Script

Game Engine
http://www.janw.gothere.uk.com/PythonAPI/node6.html
If you want to control the game flow of the game engine by writing Python
scripts the process to write or load your script is exactly the same as
described in section 1.1. But to execute the script you need to make a link
e.g. to a PythonController in the game engine. The game is started by
pressing the PKEY and the script is executed every time when the sensors
connected to the PythonController shoot.

- Jason
Jason CUNLIFFE = NOMADICS['Interactive Art and Technology']